1K views

Update by user Mar 04, 2013

It’s Just lunch (IJL) Singapore - A PROFESSIONAL SCAM in SINGAPORE. DO NOT join this service.

Original review posted by user Mar 04, 2013

I recently closed my case with ‘It’s just lunch’ Singapore (IJL) at the Singapore Subordinate Court. So I just want to share my experience with anyone who might have the intention to join this service; this is my warning to you: DO NOT TRUST THEM AND AVOID THEM IF YOU DON’T WANT TO HAVE TROUBLE AND A NIGHTMARE DATING EXPERIENCE - see my case below.

I joined IJL in Nov 2012, paid the full amount of $2,568 for a one year contract with 14 dates. Actually I did not really want to join this service after my face to face meeting with one of their consultants due to so many complaints I found on the internet, however she kept calling to hunt and recruit me. When I raised my concerns regarding my doubts she gave me such confidence and assured me that their database had more than enough suitable matches for my requirements. Moreover she confirmed firmly all of the men on their database were serious about relationships and nice gentlemen.

If they are just looking for fun or not qualified they will not take them in as a member and they do verify their profile if they are found out to be lying! She insisted to offer me help and promised to find a match for my specific requirements. I was convinced by her sweet words and after meeting her at least after 2 times in person. She just knew how to play on a woman’s psychology so well, her face just looked so sympathetic, trustworthy and she seemed to be a professional match marker.

But that trust lead me to the most foolish mistake that I ever made and from there my nightmare dating started.I went through two dates that were arranged by them and both turned out to be ridiculous, lousy and ‘waste of time’ dates! The first man came late without informing me; disappointedly he had nothing in common with me. Likely IJL just picked up any random man who was available to date with me! There was no follow up calls from IJL after my date at all.

I had to call them and left my name but they did not bother to call me back. This means they just hunt you when you are not yet a member but when you are a paid member they do not care for you because you are just totally in their entrapment!My second date was a nightmare date. The man did not turn up until I called him. He said he was on bed and not informed of the date with me from IJL that particular day.

He turned up 45 minutes late in a scruffy T-shirt. He then told me he is just looking for fun! He was not interested with the service any more but he was rejected for a refund from IJL. He did request that they do not arrange anymore dates for him but the staff of IJL still kept calling to insist that he turn up for some random dates!

I am sure if you were in my shoes at that time and heard those words, you would understand how bad I felt. I had to pay a big amount for this service only to be arranged to meet a man looking for fun! It also strongly proves that this company is really unprofessional and unreliable. They do not consider the clients requests.

They did not take note of my feedback from my first date, to please arrange a proper 2nd date for me. The fact is they do not have enough suitable men for all their female members, so they just try their best to find any man to show up for a date to fill in the numbers for the contract regardless of matches. Their consultants know nothing about match making, they don’t have enough experience about matching and they are just working like sales persons trying to trap as many clients as they can and earn their commission. It took sometime to bring my case to the Small Claim Tribunal which was found inconclusive, after that I was determined to bring them to the Singapore Subordinate Court.

At the court, I called them a professional scam, and when they tried to defend themselves; they said “the behavior of male members is out of their control”. Meaning if a man comes late or does not show up, or is looking for fun or bad behavior they can’t control it! That also means that we are as paid members to have to carry this risk with their service. If you are lucky enough to meet nice guy or you are in bad luck, you may have a bad date like a man that never shows up or late or misbehaves!

These risks are not their fault their problem and not their obligation as a professional match making agent. This is adsolutey not an acceptable answer!Only when I asked in front of the Judge “ so why at the consulting meeting, did the consultant not tell me the truth that I have to take risks when I joined the service and be frank with me by telling me that my date might be late or not turn up or might be looking for fun! Instead she just convinced me that all her clients were nice gentlemen, serious and qualified! They shut up after this comment and the Judge allowed me to claim back a portion of my original investment.I did a bit of digging around on the net and found many women - just like myself (in Singapore, Thailand, and USA) - who had been ripped off by IJL.

I was one of the lucky ones as I got part of my money back, but many more didn't and the company is still operating to this day. There will be a big outcry about this company before long and I want to warn everyone not to get involved with them because if you do, you stand to lose a lot of money only to get back trouble and grief. I knew some other woman like me where the date did not turn and no calls from IJL for a few months, or even they arranged non suitable men for dates. So to all ladies who are thinking of joining this company, I honestly tell u don’t waste your hard earned money and your time in this scam.

You can use that money for travel or donate it to charity, which is better than supporting this kind of nasty service existing.Finally, As an ex paid member of IJL in Singapore, and on behalf of all members who were victims of this nasty service I would like to “ thank” the owner who established this lousy service.

She did a very good job in creating a very professional scam dating agency! Spend some of your time and search how many complaints are pertaining to your company online!

Comments

It's Just Lunch Singapore is just a scam. I am a French man, 38, paid SGD1,700 for 3 month trial in 2017.

Low-end dates (I guess their data base is just empty and mainly desperate people who don't know how to use a dating apps or a PC for free), bad quality service, inconvenient locations that they will chose for you (with kickback obviously).

In 3 months, they were able to organize 5 blind dates (the description of the prospective dates were inaccurate, misleading with wrong information) with the worst people I have ever met (even for free on Tinder you will get far better).

At the end of the day, each date costed me SGD360 for what was just a scam if not even fake dates.

We should sue them and launch a group action after having met and read dozen of people who have been cheated as well.

Just run away, don't trust this desperate and obviously, broke, dating agency. http://www.itsjustlunchsingapore.com/ Nothing more than a lie, a scam and very poor service. Luckily I was able to informed many single friends not to fall into this trap! Myself, too late, I lost SGD1,700.

If someone wants to discuss and assess how to sue this company, please contact me. Glad to share lawyer fees and hopefully save people from losing so much money going forward.

Livingston, New Jersey, United States #1225667

I think I am also one of the scammed members. Does anyone know if IJL has a preferential treatment of men over women? It seems that men get more actual dates whereas women get fewer.

too bad I just joined and hope for the best to meet a nice lady.... let see how.

It was my mistake for keying in the wrong search before joining :(

ijlsingaporerefund
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore #801155

I JUST TOOK IJL SINGAPORE TO SMALL CLAIMS AND GOT MY MONEY BACK TOO! Do not despair...you CAN and SHOULD do the same.

It's not that hard. You will get at least $1000 - $1500 back. It's worth it and they should be stopped!

The same thing happened to me as everyone....hard sales tactics, no dates; when you complain they ignore you in the hopes you will either give up, move away, or let enough time lapse that it's too late to take them to Singapore Courts Tribunal.

Here's what I did to get my Refund with It's Just Lunch Singapore (IJL Singapore)

STEP A - STOP ALL COMMUNICATION with IJL people by Phone.

Use email instead so there's a written record.

1.) First go to this link and pay $5 to download the ACRA Business Profile for IJL Singapore (copy/paste to your browser):

https://www.psi.gov.sg/NASApp/tmf/TMFServlet?app=MYBIZFILE-SHOP-CART&version=&S=926cf361e94397c4969b52f67ddb&D=&AT=OUT&isNew=true&Reload=true&AN=PP01 2.) Next, go to this website: https://app.statecourts.gov.sg/sct/page.aspx?pageid=4515 3.) Follow the instructions to file a claim by FAX. You only need the claim form, a brief description of what happened, and the Acra Biz Profile you just printed out from the previous step. 4.) Fax it in with a copy of your NRIC card or passport (EVEN FOREIGNERS can use this process to get money back from IJL Singapore) 5.) Wait for the letter. 6.) Go to the 3 court visits (the hearing guy tells you the dates).

In the 2nd one, you need to bring a printed copy of what happened. KEEP ALL Your emails and make a clear case that they knowingly were dishonest about a database they made promises about but did not have. Try to write down the conversations as accurately as possible and the dates too. Also note what you said in the intake and how the actual dates compared.

They have records of all your dates and they will be bringing it on their side, so be honest. Also be as CLEAR and SPECIFIC as possible. Paint a picture of them purposefully and knowingly misleading you, and using pushy sales tactics with false facts (which as we all know....is how they operate). 7.) After the judge rules in your favor, wait for the check.

8.) If they don't send the check, you need to start Enforcement Proceedings. This is just 2 more court visits. It is done at Chinatown Point...details are here: https://app.statecourts.gov.sg/sct/print.aspx?pageid=4524 It might sound like a lot of work but you WILL see your money again and you WILL help put this horrible business to an end. Once people realize they can easily get their money back through Small Claims IJL might think twice about treating their customers like human beings.

You are helping many people have a better experience while putting your hard-earned money BACK in your pocket! Feel free to post here if you need more help.

I will check back periodically and happily answer any questions. Good luck!

After reading this curious email, makes me understand why you remain a single person till this day. You always have a choice in your life to make things better or worse. You can change a negative incident to a positive one had you know how turn those situation.

Here's a tip about men, we like to be engage in an individual who complain less and make the best of the situation, so in life if we choose you, through bad and worse times, you will help and pick each other up. To many a times i come across complaint aunties like yourself when things does not go your way. You only live once, try to make peace and the best of every situation. It's all about karma.

It's as good as it gets

Singapore, Singapore, Singapore #675561

HONESTLY,

They are just losing a lot of revenue, after hearing from a fellow someone, internally and externally. Currently they are on their highest turn over streak, please note this is dated 7 July 13. Your profiles are not taken care off to begin with. There are so much turn over in their office, your profiles are being handled by non-professionals. They are not properly trained and

:( PLEASE NOTE: The profiles they share with you are randomly selected, although they will claim that it is "highly recommended by the management team" it is bull ***.

Do put in mind that SALES AND MATCHES team have a quota to meet. That is all that matters to them, these matches are not "specially selected" is it only based on your CERTAIN PARAMETERS, only the front n second page of the interview papers. That's it. They don't know you personally. The chances of you getting a date ladies, are pretty slim. Unless you are not MUSLIM or FAT, UNATTRACTIVE(who is not willing to pay for their "coaches"). Guys however will love their services. The ratio between their gentlemen and women is 2:10 out of 10 (Avg who are active during that period you sign, but it's MOST TIMES)

It's so disappointing to hear my fellow friends being scammed by paying that amount of money. It is almost 1 year and they promised her 10 dates but she has only gone out 3!! It's no wonder why, after understanding their system, it really reeks me to hear their name.

In summary,

BAD SERVICES

1)MAJOR TURNOVER IN THEIR OFFICE (less than 10 on avg)

(Please know they handle the ASIA REGION)

2)YOUR PROFILE IS NOT SPECIALLY SELECTED

Hitting their daily quota matches. They don't care about your special requirements, no client care. Their coordinators are usually new, so the judge and share your profile based on their assumptions, from their properly documentation of your physical profile. Please note, they do not have a proper system their database, and they do not have proper filing of your profiles. After having a friend accidentally barging into the office, He saw a pile of profile with a picture attached with a stapler and profiles are messily staggered everywhere. Some profiles are torn even!! :( :(

3) SALES!! THEIR REVENUE IS DOWN!

So they are scooping all their Renewals and probably their WEBLEADS.

It's not that they care, it's because they are trying to swipe your Credit Card quickly and settle your dating expectations later. YES LADIES, YOUR FIRST ONE WILL PROBABLY BE THE GUY WHO HAS BEEN DATING FOR ALMOST 45 TIMES in that 6 months. What a player.

Seriously guys, These fools are just aiming to swipe that card. It just a NUMBER to them. They dont have proper client care and it is amazing how they are still hanging on to a broken rope. Its just a matter of time that they'll close down.